Color Factory is a 12,000 sq. ft. two-story pop-up exhibit in downtown San Francisco, celebrating color, material, and its local and global featured artists. It opened its doors in early August and will be in San Francisco until the end of September. The exhibit is now one of the hottest Instagram hot spots in the Bay Area and is definitely a fun and memorable experience!
I recently visited Color Factory and had such a blast. All installations were interactive and visually delightful. They did a great job at not over-crowding the building so you don't have to wait in long lines or feel rushed to snap a photo. Sharing some of my highlights in this post and, of course, some colorful photos below :)
Color Factory Highlights:
- Rainbow Staircase: connects the 2 floors.
- Designer Erin Jang's Rainbow Reception Area: pick up your photo scan card here to use at photo stations throughout the building! Your photos are automatically emailed to you :)
Black & White Laboratory: serves charcoal lemonade.
- Chantal Guillon Macaron Carousel: connected to the Black & White Lab and each visitor gets a macaron!
- Confetti Room: 4 giant machines sprinkle confetti from the ceiling. Perfect place to make confetti snow angels.
- Swedish Artist Jacob Dahlgren's Ribbon Room: 10,000 brightly hued ribbons are strung from the ceiling.
Balloon Bath by Geronimo Ballons: : a blue room full of giant blue balloons.
- Giant Yellow Ball Pit: filled with 207K plastic yellow balls to dive right into.
- British artist Tom Stayte’s Lavender #Selfie Installation: snap a photo and tag #TomStayte to get your photo printed on the thermal printer!
- Andy J. Miller & Andrew Neyer’s Green Coloring Room: comes with 6 ft tall markers ;)
The most delightful surprise at the end of our journey came in the form of a Color Factory Neighborhood Map that guides you to discovering additional surprises after you've left the exhibit itself - including secret menu items at nearby dessert shops, a technicolor Color Factory mani special at Sutter Nails, colorful murals, and more!
Have you guys had a chance to visit the Color Factory? If so, what was your most favorite installation?
Hope you enjoyed this post! Check out Color Factory's Instagram for more :)
Top/Bottom: Forever21 Skater Dress | Boohoo slinky mauve maxi duster
Shoes: Halogen pointed toe lace-up flats
Get the Look | Similar Products Below:
Photos by John Lin & Diana Youn