Hey folks! If you follow along on my blog, you probably remember my post back in January about my new ashy hair color, where I shared details on the entire hair dyeing process. Today's post is for anyone who has a similar natural hair color and type as me (darkest brown color, fine hair) and wants to dye their hair to an ashy blonde color (and keep it that way)! I've teamed up with Sarah to make this video a reality, and we're so excited to share with you 10 tips to maintain this ashy hair color :)
Background Info: 1:09
Hair Color & Process: 3:27
10 Tips: 4:43
Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more beauty and style related content, and please share this video with friends who are thinking of going ashy blonde (or have recently gotten their hair done to this color)!
10 Quick Tips | TLDW (Too Long; Didn't Watch)
- Wash your hair with cold water.
- Use color-protecting and sulfate-free salon-quality shampoo and conditioner.
- Use purple shampoo and conditioner, once you start seeing yellow tones.
- Limit washing your hair to 3x a week.
- Product Mentioned: Shhhowercap
- Apply Olaplex No. 3.
- Product Mentioned: Olaplex No. 3
- Use dry shampoo on non-shampoo days.
- Product Mentioned: Klorane Dry Shampoo
- Air-dry your hair whenever possible or limit your blow-drying time.
- Product Mentioned: Living Proof Restore Perfecting Spray
- Use a gentle detangling hairbrush.
- Product Mentioned: Tangle Teezer Brush
- Apply a dry texturizing spray to hold in curls (if styling it this way).
- Product Mentioned: Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray
- Lock in moisture using a hair serum, especially on the ends.
Also, here are some bonus hair care tips that were shared with me by eSalon, to share with all of you!
Thanks for visiting and hope you enjoyed today's post! I greatly appreciate you.
Products Mentioned | Similar Products Below:
Video by Sarah Park