Hi everyone! I'm revealing something very exciting today...
I started a YouTube channel and uploaded my first ever video!!! Even to my own surprise, my passion for content creation and new-found interest in video has pushed me past my worries and fears of how people would perceive me on film. Although I'm immensely nervous to be starting this channel and to be sharing a rather elementary initial video with you, I'm also extremely excited. In fact, I finished the edits late into the night and found myself wide awake afterwards. I was so thrilled - that I finally taught myself the basics of Adobe Premiere Pro CC and finished creating my first video - that I couldn't fall asleep!
In the video, I styled a few of my clothing picks from a fashion rental company called Le Tote. If you are like me and often feel that you have nothing to wear - even with a closet full of clothes - this monthly fashion rental subscription service may be for you. Click play below to check out the video and continue reading for more details about the service :)
Here's How Le Tote Works:
- Essentially, Le Tote is a "Netflix for fashion," as the service lets you rent unlimited apparel and accessories for a monthly subscription price. The price depends on the membership option you select:
- 3 clothing items + 2 accessories: $59/month
- 4 clothing items: $59/month
- 2 clothing items + 1 accessory: $39/month
- I personally feel that the monthly price is a bit high compared to some other fashion styling services, but my co-worker who recommended the service to me had a promo code to take 50% off my 1st 2 months of Le Tote. I opted for the 4 clothing items option, and with the promo, I ended up paying $29.50/month instead of the original price of $59/month.
- Once you choose your membership option, Le Tote styles a box of clothing and accessory pieces for you, often including items you've marked as a favorite in your virtual closet. If you don't like something, you have 48 hours from the time your tote is styled to change out the pieces for total customization.
- After wearing the pieces shipped to you as many times as you want, just return everything in the pre-paid envelope and they will take care of the dry cleaning!
- You can keep anything you love and will be charged for those items at the listed discounted price.
- Once Le Tote sees that your tote is being returned, they style a new tote for you, and the process repeats! You can get unlimited totes per month, but must return your current tote before receiving the next. It only takes about 2 business days for the next tote to arrive at my doorsteps!
- After trying everything on, you can rate your tote items to help you get more pieces that suit your style and fit over time.
Overall, I'm loving the labels and brands they offer and I've already kept one of the clothing pieces from my first box (the BB Dakota tribal harem pants!). At first I felt a bit uncomfortable borrowing and wearing clothes that other people had worn, but once I saw that the items arrived in perfectly clean and 'like-new' condition, that feeling went away. After my 1st 2 months are up, I'm going to see how I feel about the overall worth of the service to me, and whether I'll want to stay with my current plan, switch to the $39/month option, or stop the service entirely. I'm currently on my 3rd tote of the 1st month, and I'm really liking that it's solved my problem of feeling that I have nothing to wear. I especially like that I can wear trendy pieces that I probably won't want to keep after a while, then return it when I'm done! If you're interested in trying out Le Tote and would like to take 50% off your 1st 2 months, feel free to use the following promo code:
Keep scrolling for more details of my lookbook outfits below!
BB Dakota tribal harem pants - Le Tote | Honey Peaches lace crop top (similar here) | SheIn tie-waist trench coat | Kate Spade crossbody bag (similar here) | Forever 21 statement necklace | JustFab 'Edolie' sandal wedges
Through my new YouTube channel, I hope to share more style tips, my travel diaries, and more lookbooks like the one above. I sincerely hope you will join me as I start this new journey :)
Thanks so much for visiting!
Photos and video filmed by Lachtype
Video edits by yours truly ❤
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post but some of the links above are affiliate links. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support The Chic Diary!